The kick drum is widely considered to be the heartbeat of the drum kit. A solid, deep bass drum sound can really make or break a drummer’s sound, and it’s one of the most important aspects of a kit to shop carefully for.
While it’s possible to get a solid sound out of a drum kit using a standard mesh head on the bass drum, a trigger or drum pads are a more precise way to get a complete sound. There are a few different types of triggers out there, so we’ve done the research for you to find the best bass drum trigger for your needs.
Our Editor’s Best Bass Drum Trigger Reviews
Roland RT-30K Bass Drum Trigger for Hybrid Drumming
- This trigger device allows you to play electronic sources from an acoustic bass drum. It is advanced in design and offers a variety of features to make your experience better.
- This trigger is made to be used with Roland’s TM-2 Trigger Module, TD-series V-Drums sound modules, and SPD-series percussion pads. It is a bass drum trigger that allows the user to play bass drum sounds from these modules and pads.
- This bass drum trigger has a newly developed self-guided mount that makes installation quick and easy.
- This bass drum trigger is durable and has a secure mounting mechanism.
- The trigger is designed to protect the wood hoop of a bass drum from being damaged. It has a grip that prevents the drum from being scratched or dented.
Read More: Best Bass Drums
KAT Percussion KT-KP1 Bass Drum Trigger
- This trigger is designed to work with the KAT KTMP1 Multipad, a device that allows a drummer to play multiple sounds from a single pad. This trigger attaches to the bass drum and sends a signal to the KTMP1, which then triggers the desired sound.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to be compact and easy to transport. It is ideal for drummers who want to be able to take their kit with them on the go.
- This is a bass drum trigger that includes 1m of cable. This trigger is designed to be mounted on the bass drum and will produce a trigger signal when the drum is struck. This can be used to trigger a sound module or other devices.
- This bass drum trigger has a Velcro base that helps keep it in place while you play.
ddrum Red Shot Bass Drum Trigger
- This ddrum trigger is a low-cost alternative that is still high quality.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to provide a precise response across a wide range of dynamics. This makes it an ideal choice for a shopper who wants a trigger that can handle a wide range of playing styles.
- The bass drum trigger is easy to mount with the included tension rod.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to work with the most popular drum modules, allowing you to produce realistic drum sounds with your module.
Read More: Best Bass Drum For Beginner
Pintech Percussion BASS TRIGGER & FOAM Electronic Drum Trigger
- The bass drum trigger is a shopper package that is 14.7 H x 2.7 L x 13.8 W in dimensions. It is made to help with the shopping experience by providing a trigger to help with the process.
- This bass drum trigger is made with quality construction, meaning that it is built to last and perform well.
- This bass drum trigger weighs about 23 grams.
- This is a bass drum trigger that is made in the United States.
Pintech Percussion RS-5 Acoustic Head Trigger
- This trigger can be mounted onto either the head or the shell of the drum, giving the drummer more versatility in where they place it.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to be mounted on the drum head and has a free-floating chamber that moves with the drum head to avoid damaging it.
- This bass drum trigger is excellent for its sensitivity and response. It is able to pick up even the softest of hits and produce a clear sound. This makes it perfect for any drummer who wants to get the most out of their playing.
- The Kwik Klip is a bass drum trigger that mounts onto the drum using a simple clipping system. It is designed to produce a natural and realistic sound when struck and can be used with any standard bass drum.
- This is a bass drum trigger made in the United States. It is used to produce a sound when the drum is struck and can be adjusted to produce different sounds.
HXW PDL-HH191 Footswitch Hi-hat/Bass Drum Pedal For PD705 Percussion Pad, 1 Pack
- This bass drum trigger is designed for use with the HXW PD705 Multipad and SD61-4 electric drum set. It is not compatible with other devices.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to be compact and unobtrusive, perfect for drummers who want to minimize their setup. Its low-profile body ensures that it won’t get in the way of your playing, and its small footprint means it won’t take up too much space.
- This bass drum trigger is well-built and provides a seamless performance.
- The bass drum trigger is an all-in-one trigger pedal that allows for low-noise operation. This makes it ideal for use in a shopper setting where you need to be able to quickly and easily trigger a sound without drawing too much attention to yourself.
- The bass drum trigger is designed to provide a realistic playing feel in a compact design. It is ideal for use in a shopper or for use in a small space.
Read More: Best Bass Drum Head For Rock
Roland KD-7 Dynamics-Sensitive Kick Drum Trigger
- This trigger is designed to be placed on a kick drum and is sensitive to the dynamics of the drumming, providing a more realistic sound.
- This bass drum trigger can be used with a standard kick drum pedal, making it a great choice for those who want an affordable and easy-to-use trigger.
- This bass drum trigger is for a shopper who wants to be able to chain two KD-7s together for a double-bass setup.
- This is a bass drum trigger that you can use to create electronic drum beats. It comes with a beater and connection cable, but you will need to provide your own kick drum pedal.
- The Roland BT-1 is an external bass drum trigger that can be used with the Roland HPD-15 and RMP-1 percussion pads. It attaches to the bass drum hoop and triggers the sound when the drum is struck.
Yamaha DT-50K Metal Body Acoustic Bass Drum Trigger, Chrome
- This trigger is made of solid metal for durability and has a die-cast body for a solid feel.
- This bass drum trigger is a Yamaha Absolute lug-style design that is chrome finished. It is designed to provide a clean, professional look.
- This trigger is designed to be placed on the bass drum and will not impede the acoustic sound of the drum. It has a small footprint and is made of soft material, so it will not damage the drum head.
- This is a bass drum trigger that is compatible with the YAMAHA DTX900M, DTX700, DTX502, and DTXM12 modules.
Read More: Best Bass Drum Hoop Protector
Pintech Percussion K3-B Black K-3 Ergokik Kick Trigger Patented Design
- This bass drum trigger is compatible with both single and double beater pedals, making it a versatile option for drummers.
- This is a bass drum trigger that is made out of one-piece aluminum. It is incredibly durable and includes an inverted wood beater.
- This trigger is designed to be used with a bass drum pedal that has a stabilizer plate. The trigger itself is not included.
- The bass drum trigger is an ultra-compact device that is designed to be attached to a pedal. It has a fluted attachment point that allows it to be easily attached and removed.
- This bass drum trigger is made in the USA!
ddrum CETK Chrome Elite Bass Drum Trigger
- This bass drum trigger is designed to work with acoustic drums and is based on industry-standard Acoustic Pro triggers. It features a durable design and is easy to install.
- The bass drum trigger is designed for increased sensitivity and parameter adjustments. The improved wiring harness and Transducer provide a more responsive and adjustable experience for the drummer.
- The New sleek-looking chrome finish will definitely turn heads is a bass drum trigger that is designed to look sleek and modern. It is made of chrome and is designed to be mounted on a bass drum. This trigger is perfect for drummers who want to add a little bit of style to their setup.
- This bass drum trigger is designed to be durable and road-worthy, with a rugged chassis that can withstand regular use.
- The XLR input on this bass drum trigger provides a secure connection for your drums to an amplifier or sound system.
Read More: Best Bass Drum Head For Deep Sound
Bass Drum Trigger FAQs
One set of answer pads is required for each candidate. Additional materialsCalculators are not permitted. Paper reference(s)This is a reference to the paper(s) that you should use for the exam.
Paper 1Paper reference(s)0452/01 Core Mathematics 1Paper 2Paper reference(s)0452/02 Core Mathematics 2Paper 3Paper reference(s)0452/03 Core Mathematics 3Paper 4Paper reference(s)0452/04 Extended Mathematics 1Paper 5Paper reference(s)0452/05 Extended Mathematics 2
1. What are bass drum trigger pads?
Bass drum trigger pads are pads that are used to trigger sounds from a drum module or sampler. They are typically placed on the floor tom or bass drum and can be used to trigger a variety of sounds, from bass drums to cymbals.
2. How do bass drum trigger pads work?
Bass drum trigger pads are usually piezo sensors that are placed underneath the drum head. The piezo sensor picks up the vibrations of the drum head and sends a signal to the drum module. The drum module then uses this signal to trigger the sound of the drum.
3. What are the benefits of using bass drum trigger pads?
There are many benefits to using bass drum trigger pads, including the ability to produce a wider range of sounds, increased accuracy and consistency, and the ability to play at a higher volume without disturbing the neighbors.
Additionally, trigger pads can help to extend the life of your bass drum heads by protecting them from sticks and other percussion instruments.
4. Are there any disadvantages to using bass drum trigger pads?
Bass drum trigger pads can sometimes produce a false trigger or a trigger that is not in time with the hit. This can be frustrating for drummers who are trying to get a tight sound.
5. What are some of the best bass drum trigger pads on the market?
Some of the best bass drum trigger pads on the market are the Alesis SamplePad Pro, the Roland PD-85BK, and the Yamaha DTX400K.
There are many great bass drum trigger on the market. Our list of the best bass drum trigger will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.